WLCP supports developmentally appropriate education as recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In planning the curriculum, consideration is given as to how best young children learn and what activities are most appropriate for their age as well as individual needs. The value of play is highly respected. The classroom environment is purposely arranged to allow active exploration and interaction with adults, peers and a wide variety of materials and experiences.
A Typical Day at WLCP
- A large block of time to freely select activities and companions
- Small group time to pursue special projects and interests
- Large group time to enjoy songs, stories, discussions and games
- Active play outdoors/indoors
- An opportunity to strengthen social skills such as cooperation, negotiation and problem solving
Field Trips and Celebrations
Throughout the year, we enjoy seasonal celebrations, class field trips and welcome special school visitors!