WLCP offers two programs for children 3 to 5 years of age.
Our 3’s class meets on Thursdays and Fridays from 9:00 – 11:20 am
Our 4’s class meets on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 9:00 – 11:30 am
WLCP supports developmentally appropriate education as recommended by the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). In planning the curriculum, consideration is given as to how best young children learn and what activities are most appropriate for their age as well as individual needs. The value of play is highly respected. The classroom environment is purposely arranged to allow active exploration and interaction with adults, peers and a wide variety of materials and experiences.
A Day at WLCP
A typical day at WLCP provides children with...
- A large block of time to freely select activities and companions
- Small group time to pursue special projects and interests
- Large group time to enjoy songs, stories, discussions and games
- Active play outdoors/indoors
- A light, wholesome snack prepared in our classroom kitchen and served family style
- An opportunity to strengthen social skills such as cooperation, negotiation and problem solving